CENTRO DI MUSICA ANTICA GHISLIERI - Italy
The Centro di Musica Antica della Fondazione Ghislieri is one of the most active Italian musical realities on a national and international level. The centre is active in the field of research, production and diffusion of cultured music, with particular regard to the Italian sacred repertoire of the 18th century.
Over the years, the Centre has created a series of activities of high scientific and artistic profile, interacting with the most relevant European contexts of the sector, while maintaining strong roots with its city – Pavia – and its territory, through an effective and widespread dissemination action, especially aimed at young people.
- An intense concert and record production activity of the resident ensemble Coro e Orchestra Ghislieri, which under the direction of its director Giulio Prandi performs regularly in the most prestigious festivals and concert halls in Europe (Concertgebow Amsterdam, Berliner Philharmonie, Bozar Bruxelles, Festival d’Ambronay, Oude Muziek Utrecht and many others);
- A rich programme of events on Pavia’s territory, through concert reviews, meetings, shows, open rehearsals, workshops, music in schools... and Festival Pavia Barocca.
- A regular programme of artistic residencies, aimed in particular at emerging artists and ensembles selected from all over Europe in the framework of the eeemerging Project;
- The diffusion of musical culture among the new generations through their direct involvement in innovative and transversal training projects, as well as cultural activities of various kinds;
- An articulated networking action on an international, national and local level, with the intent to develop both cultural projects of great impact and wide scope, and micro actions on the territory, aimed at breaking down the barriers towards the so-called “cultured” music, approaching in the most inclusive way possible the population groups usually foreign to this repertoire.
The resident ensemble Coro e Orchestra Ghislieri, with the support of a Scientific Committee set up in partnership with the University of Pavia, has developed over the years a unique project: to recreate the model of the great musical chapels of the eighteenth century in order to revive, alongside the cornerstones of the Baroque and classical repertoire, extraordinary forgotten masterpieces by authors such as Perez, Jommelli, Galuppi.
CENTRO DI MUSICA ANTICA GHISLIERI
PIAZZA GHISLIERI, 4, 27100 PAVIA, Italy / +39 (0)3823786266 / firstname.lastname@example.org